Wednesday, June 15, 2016

"The Guilt of Being Alive is Heavy"

I hear her words, no I feel them in my Soul. 
My mind, the mind of someone who knows torment intimately, 
wanders... into myself and then beyond.

My mind wanders... it's June, PTSD awareness month.
My mind wanders... cannabis may just be the most effective treatment for PTSD.
My mind wanders... if we treat victims of trauma, acutely, while it's still a traumatic event and not a post traumatic event, could we prevent the "disorder" from developing in the first place?
My mind wanders... the victims of trauma.
My mind wanders... "the guilt of being alive is heavy".

Haven't they been hurt enough, 
can't we help them now, can't we at the very least try? 
No, we can't... our lawmakers said NO.

My mind wanders... my mind wonders...
My heart breaks... just a little bit more... one. more. time.

No comments:

Post a Comment